LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I was a contractor at a client site for 8.5 years. For the

Customer Question

Hi, I was a contractor at a client site for 8.5 years. For the first 6 years I was on H1 visa and then I was working through a vendor. The client didn't hire me or treat me as an Employee
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I worked in the state of California. During my tenure with the client, I never got any benefits. I provided IT services to this client. Close to the end of 8.5 years I was offered to go full time with an offshore partner of this client, the pay offer from offshore company was bad. My choice is to pick that option or leave. Even though I went full time with offshore company, I had to quit due to unrealistic expectations. Is there anything I can do for this unfair treatment?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are referring to as an unfair treatment.

Could you ask specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it's unfair treatment. There are laws that a client can't keep you as a long term contractor. I am not exactly sure of the duration, but I know that there is a time frame. I worked at this client for 8.5 years with no benefits like vacation, bonus, over time, health insurance, Immigration support etc.The following link may provide some reference to my question:
https://www.laboremploymentperspectives.com/2012/11/27/we-contracted-directly-with-a-worker-how-long-can-we-keep-this-temporary-independent-contractor/

Thank you for the information.

I will opt out and give other Experts the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Lol.. No answer??