Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

When the company publishes and distributes a new handbook

Customer Question

when the company publishes and distributes a new handbook with a different vacation policy do we still need to provide vacation time based on the old policy. in other words do we owe vacation time and pay going forward based on the old handbook policy or does the new handbook take precedence?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The new handbook can affect how vacation is accrued moving forward. However, the new handbook does not affect vacation that has already been accrued. The employee retains that vacation time no matter what.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.