Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I am student of MS in Computer Science in US. We are

Customer Question

Hi , I am student of MS in Computer Science in US. We are authorized to work in US as a W2 employee while studying our MS. I got an offer from a consultancy located in California for client At&t/IBM in NJ. After about two months taking my time for background checking they said you passed the BG check successfully and we are giving you the joining date very soon. But suddenly they sent an email that : "I regret to Inform you that IBM has Cancelled your Candidature. The reason that they have given is that the Country of your Citizenship is one of the Barred Countries that they don't employ From. ......"
My question from you dear lawyers is , do I have any right to complain about this situation to anyone ?! Is there any right for my time , money and etc during two months for a clear point about my background which is the name of my country ?!
[ I want to let you know as well that if we accept a offer letter , we are not legally allowed to continue our job search ]
Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

You can file complaint against the company for discrimination based on your nationality with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Click on the link below for the complaint process:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.