LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I have been terminated by my employer in Massachusetts on

Customer Question

I have been terminated by my employer in Massachusetts on 7/7. They pay commissions quarterly and then divide by 3 the following quarter. For example, they pay for April, May & June in July, August and September. Now they are saying I have to wait another quarter to get paid in order to calculate any chargebacks, etc. That is 180 days. They owe me $16,500.00. In addition, they forced us to sign a commission agreement with language that apparently leads us to believe they can do that. I've told these guys about California laws for some time now. It is my understanding that they need to pay, regardless of potential client loss, chargeback, etc. They have to eat it is what I understand. Tomorrow is day 12. Who wants this case? I have documentation.
Steve (###) ###-####
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello Steve:

This site does not offer legal representation. We only provide general legal information.

If you have specific questions, you can ask them so that I can try to answer the questions for you.

I just have one question:

Do you live in California?

If the employer is not