LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I worked company and on most day I didn't receive a lunch

Customer Question

I worked for a company and on most day I didn't receive a lunch break and many breaks all my shifts where 8 plus hours can I sue for this
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: It's a union job
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Under California law if you are a non-exempt worker, you are generally entitled to meal and rest breaks with some other requirements that may apply. If your employer doesn’t comply with the law, it is required to pay you one extra hour of regular pay for each day on which a break violation occurred. For union employee the laws vary depending on the type of work you were doing. So can you tell me more about job and what you were doing there?