LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I have received a cease and desist letter from my former

Customer Question

I have received a cease and desist letter from my former employers lawyer today. I resigned effective immediatly monday due to it being a hostile work environment.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: well they have been manipulating staff since I have left.. stating that I was toxic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: and asking them who they will be loyal to
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What was the cease and desist letter for? What is your specific question for us?

"Hostile work environment" in law means something different than many employees believe it to mean. A hostile work environment is one where there are actions taken against employees based only on the age/race/sex/disability/national origin of the employee. It does not encompass uncivil workplace conduct or workplace bullying.