socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I was placed on administrative leave (paid) and not given any

Customer Question

I was placed on administrative leave (paid) and not given any information regarding the leave. Prior to the admin leave I was provided with a notice to non reelect me as a employer. During the short time frame, I experienced some workplace unfairness.
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I recognize I am in an atypical situation. I am seeking representation to further me through an investigative process. I have prepared a letter to the employer requesting information regarding the admin leave such as: the duration, the nature of the allegations to result in leave and the policy and procedures for the leave.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In addition, I know I'm employed in an at-will state, however, there are still laws to protect the employee besides race, age, sexual harassment, discrimination claims. What is reasonable and immediate relief for me? I have to find employment and it may not be in the state. Am I looking at a severance package?
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 5 months ago.
Have you need offered a severance package? Why do you believe you are being mistreated?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not been offered a severance package. I woukd like to present a package that I believe is reasonable such as 6 -8 mos salary, paid benefits and all accused and unused vacation leave pay. The mistreatment is only speculative. I speculate that it stems from wanting to promote someone else and to prevent my further successes.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is attorney 2020 available to talk via telephone with me?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 months ago.
Hello, You state that you are "seeking representation to further me through an investigative process." Such representation can only be accomplished via a premium services invitation. I will send the invitation, which you may accept or decline at your convenience. Thanks again for using Justanswer!