LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Pearl, I have laundry list of concerning items with my supervisor.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have laundry list of concerning items with my supervisor. The main issue I am looking into is that my boss told a vendor of mine about a medical condition I have and I feel that my privacy rights have been violated. I have to work with this and supervise vendor and I only selectively share my condition as I never want it to be looked at as a possible weakness. This vendor happens to be my boss' best friend so I have no idea who else now knows...I had informed HR about this but nothing has been done and I am not comfortable disclosing any personal information even for a Dr. appointment at this point.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I havent
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: Theres a laundry list of items but that was the most important.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I am sorry to hear about this disclosure of your medical information. What precisely are you hoping to achieve now regarding this situation? I very much look forward to helping you.