Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

M, a client has 3 unpaid invoices from me. They've agreed

Customer Question

Hi M, a client has 3 unpaid invoices from me. They've agreed to pay for 1, are ignoring the other, asking me for new work before they pay, and that I agree to the $ as a final payment offer "full satisfaction of any and all claims against" them. I would like to a) tell them that I will forgive the other invoices once they pay me for the 1, and b) Tell them I will do the other duties they've asked, but not have that work be why they pay me for the old invoice. How do I write a + b in legal lang.?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to tell them that you would "agree to allow them to pay the 1 invoice and agree to waive collection on the other two invoices, but you will not engage in any new work until that one invoice is paid in full and any new work would be invoiced and paid for separately."