LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I work city of Santa Monica 15 years and

Customer Question

Hi i work for the city of Santa Monica for over 15 years and i will be 55 in august, i can put in for my retirement at 2.7%. In April i had to go for my two year medical for d.m.v called DL51 with Santa Monica city doctor. This year is the first year the doctor only gave me 3 months. The city doctor stated because i am heavy i must be test for sleep Apnea, once around 8 or 10 years ago the same doctor requested that i be tested but the persons at the sleep studies stated i would not receive and accurate reading because of my sinus. i explained that to the city doctor but he states that is not good enough. So the city doctor states that he will force me to take this sleep study or i will lose my job. I have not in over the 15 years that i have worked at Santa Monica ever had and accident because i went to sleep driving Santa Monica city bus. my concerns are why wait until my retirement year, over 8 or 10 years later. I have always been this size give or take 15 or 20 pounds. If size is the problem than shouldn't every overweight person that drives for the city of Santa Monica also have to take the sleep Apnea test. I know for a fact that their are driver larger than myself have never been asked to take this test and are still driving.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your post. Kindly review, edit, ask specific question, and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation,