LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Red a manager to operate my business in san ca. Roofing

Customer Question

Hired a manager to operate my business in san jose ca.
Roofing company.
He has not turned in receipts or copys of invoiced to customer, misused company credit card like it was his personal account. I fired him a few days ago there are several jobs sold that he has went to contractors and told them he has a new contractor license number, my business has paid labor and materials on jobs hes done this on however I am scrambling trying to find out what went where. One specific job owes my company around 200 plus hours turned in by this employees and the others on this crew crew .
He has done everything to cause harm to my business calling workers comp the Irs and ect.
Please advise
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I've been a CA licensed attorney for 30+ years, and I handle employment law, as well as tort law. I would add that I handled construction law cases for many years.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy to reply to you in this question thread format.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. Please understand that asking "please advise" is not a useful question for a lawyer. I need many more facts than you have provided.

1. How long did this guy work for you?

2. Are you saying that he deliberately contacted your customers in an attempt to steal them from you?

3. Was this person an employee or an independent contractor---based on your designation of him?

4. What did he call your comp carrier for?

5. What did he contact the IRS for?

6. You wrote: He has done everything to cause harm to my business Please explain in detail as this is critical to your case and I can't know what you don't tell me.

The above questions are only the beginning, if you need a helpful answer.

Thanks in advance,