Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

When it comes to benefits (wages, insurance, retirement) can

Customer Question

When it comes to benefits (wages, insurance, retirement) can business treat owners and employees different? In other words, if a business offers the ownership a 401k does it have to also offer one to its employees?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

No law requires employers to treat owners and employees the same in terms of compensation and benefits. In fact, owners and employees and commonly treated differently in this respect. Doing so does not violate any law.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.