LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I have a wage claim judgement against a former employer.

Customer Question

I have a wage claim judgement against a former employer. They refuse to pay. How can I collect from them?
Steve Therssen
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Steve,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Doe the business deal in cash---such as a retail store?

2. Does the business have business vehicles that it owns?

3. Do you know where the business does its banking?

Doug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Doug:First, the business is located in Boston, MA. It doesn't deal in cash, it is a distributor for software and police vehicle cameras. I know there was a vehicle but I don't know if they own or lease it. I have the plate number and make and model but that's it.I have my pay stub from them but don't see the bank name. I suppose I could look at the direct deposit info and find it from there.since they are a distributor of VidTac video equipment, can I put a lien on money that they are paid from VidTac?Steve
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

You wrote: since they are a distributor of VidTac video equipment, can I put a lien on money that they are paid from VidTac? Well, yes, but it is not a typial lien and is VERY difficult to get any money that way. Only if VidTac was holding money belonging to the company ant the minute they were served with the attachment order would they have to hand it over to the sheriff.

You best bet is to determine who their bank is and then seek a levy on their bank accounts. If you are not in the state though this is going to be all but impossible for you unless you get a lawyer to assist you.

DOug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I find out their bank?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

This is a pretty complex legal collections task you are asking for instruction on, and I am willing to tell you how to do this in a phone call but I cannot spend 45 minutes trying to type out the steps necessary---only to be followed by numerous follow up questions. I want to help you, and I am willing to call you for just $5 more than you have already offered to pay. I can not charge you any less. I hope you accept so I can give you the information you need

Doug