LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

Is it legal in calif to have an "at will"

Customer Question

is it legal in calif to have an "at will" employment agreement
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under CA law, unless employees have a written employment contract guaranteeing them the position for a specific period of time then they are at-will employees.

There is no need in CA for an at-will employment agreement---because all employees by default are at-will (unless they have a specific employment contract stating the contrary).

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Do you have any other questions?

If not would you please rate my service to you so I can be paid?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug