LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Will my employer accept 6 months of intermittent leave? Or

Customer Question

Will my employer accept 6 months of intermittent leave? Or does it have to be the whole calendar year?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I'm not sure what you are asking. Does your employer have an unusual leave policy, or do you believe that there is some law allowing you to take a six month leave for some reason?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

In order to assist you I need for you to communicate with me. Please tell me more about this 6 month intermittant leave you are referring to.

When you use the term intermittent leave, it suggests to me that you may be referring to FMLA intermittent leave. Is that what you are referring to?