LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

What is the minimum salary that must be paid to an exempt

Customer Question

what is the minimum salary that must be paid to an exempt employee in California?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I wanted to let you know that I am working on an answer for you right now. Please give me a few minutes to complete my answer and get it posted to you. Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

I've been a CA licensed attorney for 30 years and I handle CA employment law issues.

With the CA increase in minimum wage as of January 1, 2016, a salary exempt employee in CA must be paid a minimum of $41,600 in annual compensation. This is the equivalent of double the state minimum wage for a 40 hour week, 52 weeks a year.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.