Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a manager of 15 years, told that due to stress I am

Customer Question

I am a manager of 15 years, told that due to stress I am being moved to a non management position. Does this put me in jeopardy?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 60 years old.. IT manager for 15 years...due to some subordinate conflicts I am told I do not handle stress and asked to move into a new position.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — California Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It could put you in jeopardy for termination or forced retirement. If the incidents they claim occurred are false or you have evidence this is being done only because of your age, you need to consider filing a complaint with the EEOC for discrimination based on age. Other than age discrimination though, you do not have a claim as the employer can move you to a new position as needed unless you had a written contract to the contrary.