LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I was recently at a casino and they continued to neglect

Customer Question

I was recently at a casino and they continued to neglect paying my bet on the craps table. When I asked them to please pay attention they asked me to put the bat in a particular spot. I am what you might consider obviously a gay woman. They were holding me to a different standard than everybody else on the table. So I left the table after a not so successful conversation with the pit boss He was extremely condescending and basically said what do you want? So I left and went over to a roulette table sat down and was treated fine. However I witnessed worse treatment by casino dealers to an African-American couple. What I'm stating is it feels like there's blatant discrimination within this casino in just what little time I spent there. The African-American couple who I ran into later in the evening said they felt what was going on and sadly seems to be used to it. This is more about holding people accountable and treating them fairly.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with me what your question is? Do you want to know if you can take any action against the casino?

Hi, are you still with me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a case for any legal action. This seems to be a ongoing problem just in the short amount of time I was there .

Thank you. Yes, it may be possible if it can be shown that the Casino was discriminating against African- Americans or members of the Gay and Lesbian community. This would need to be supportive by evidence and it would need to be shown that the Casino itself and its staff, was instructed and actual did do this, to those groups. If it can be shown, there could be a cause for damages but I am inclined to believe that if there was evidence of this, that the Casino would want to settle, to avoid the horrific publicity. Tomorrow, you should contact local attorneys who handle discrimination cases. They will be able to assess the claim and could try and speak with other patrons, to see if they have experienced the same. There is certainly an issue if the casino is not paying you accordingly an trying to cheat you and others out of money, based upon your race or sexuality.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!