philip.simmons
philip.simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
11181181

Is it required employer (small business) 9 employees to pay

Customer Question

Is it required for a employer (small business) 9 employees to pay their employees for training meeting, at a off site location on their day off in the state of Arizona?
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I realize that the computer generated keeps telling that this is california law, however I need Arizona law please. That is where I am currently at , ad my business is in Arizona. I need Arizona employment law. I held a meeting off site that was a training meeting in Arizona on a day off so that employees can get more training for their career. They are questioning me that they should be paid for the training meeting because it was their day off. I told one employee by text that it was mandatory because she always gets out of meetings, and uses her child as a excuse.
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an Arizona licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The issue will be is this required? Are you, as the employer, requiring the employees to attend this training?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was required off site training to educate commissioned employees and hour wage employees on helping them to become better hairstylists with selling hair product and to better run business. I had a young lady wh couldn't get child care and she made a stink when I required her to be there for the training.

Thank you

You need to pay. If the training is required, then Arizona law requires they be paid for the time.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.