LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

Will, I had and employee who reported me to the labor board

Customer Question

will
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had and employee who reported me to the labor board for unpaid wages for 2 hours missing according to her but she is lying out right and i didn't give her last check the day i fired her but sent her an electronic deposit that got in her account on 2 days after i terminated her. Then i discovered that i had over paid her for 5.30 extra hours for 2 years each weekly pay period. Which totals over 4800 dollars in over payments. I found out that i have no recourse with the labor board but can sue her in court according to California state law. However, the labor board issue is a big deal, first she told the labor board i owed her 83.00 then she changed her story in front of the labor board saying i owed her 2000.00 dollars and she told them she would settle for 1,000.00 , i told them no, she is a liar, i have time sheets to prove that i paid her exact hours and wages. she is blantly lieing to steal money from me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — California Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She admitted in front of the deputy commissioner that i had over paid her 5.30 hour per week for the last 2 years but refused to drop her claim against me. I don't believe people can lie like that and the labor board lady tried to use a scare tatic against me to pay the claim of 1000.00 by stating if this goes to a hearing i might be liable for up to two thousand dollars and that's when my ex employee told the deputy commissioner she wants two thousand dollars, she is just a petty broke girl with no job and wants to live off underemployment.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question.

What is your question?