Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My performance evaluation was filed in dropbox which all

Customer Question

My performance evaluation was filed in dropbox which all employees at work site had access to. I no longer work for this company but I am upset and angry that my evaluation is still posted and easy to access one year later
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I completely understand why this upsets you. I would feel the same way if my performance evaluation was left somewhere that others could view. However, I must unfortunately tell you that this is not against the law. Simply put, employees do not have a legally enforceable right of privacy with respect to their employment. This means employers are free to broadcast to whomever they choose an employee's salary job description, and even performance evaluations. It doesn't matter whether such publications are incidental or entirely on purpose. It doesn't matter who many people who see.

So, I'm afraid there's nothing that you can do here aside from contacting your employer and simply trying to persuade them that this is a bad business practice and you would appreciate if they would take the evaluation out of the Dropbox.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.