Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer.
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I work school dist. as an instruc. Aide. I have been

Customer Question

I work for a school dist. as an instruc. Aide. I have been continually harassed. Ultimately, physically attacked by my school secretary resulting in injuring me. They are circling the wagons because I filed 2 incident reports along with submitting 2 workers comp forms. I started having panic attacks after hearing my principal threaten me with direct retaliation for filing the forms. I really need some help and protection. I'm not sure what to do. Please help!1
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

The California Fair Employment and Housing Act protects employees from retaliation for filing workers comp forms. AN attorney through the California Employment Lawyers Association could provide you with a referral to a competent employee rights attorney to determine if a lawsuit would be the best avenue for you. Here is link to the website: https://www.cela.org/

It looks like the employer is violating the law in connection to the way you are being treated.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.