LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

Can I be off while under doctors care

Customer Question

Can I be laid off while under doctors care
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. It isn't as simple as can you be laid off. It depends on the reason, whether you are on FMLA leave, whether you have an employment contract, how long you have been off and whether other employees are being laid off as well.

2. How long have you been under a doctor's care and for what?

3. Are you still at work?

Doug