MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I Work As A Sales Rep And The Store Had A Meeting On My Day

Customer Question

I Work For ATT As A Sales Rep And The Store Had A Meeting On My Day Off. I Was Told By My Manager That I Had To Go Which I Later Found Out From The Union Rep That I Had An Option To Go, And I Didn't Want To Go. So During The Meeting I Noticed My Co Worker Mad, She Argued With The Manager And Then Started Instigating Me. I Ignored Her. she Than Tapped My Shoulder And Asked Me If I Had A Problem With Her I Answered Her No She Than Said Well We're Gonna Talk About It After Work I Ignored Her Again And This Was While We Were Clocked In. After The Meeting I Walked Towards My Car And She went Up To Me Starts Calling My Name So I Turned To Her & She Starts Yelling At Me Outside The Parking Lot And Made A Scene. We Were Not Wearing Our Uniforms and We Did Not Get Physical With Eachother But My Manager Reported It & Now Both Of Us Have Been Suspended With No Pay. The Investigator Of The Company Took Our Statements Of What Happened, And Questioned The Other Coworkers That Witnessed What Happened. Their Statements Were Blown Out Of Porportion Making Me Look Bad. Some Of The Coworkers Don't Like Me And The Manager Is The One Who Told Me That Too, & To Be Careful Because They Talk Bad About Me. I've Also Brought It Up To My District Manager Because A Couple Months Ago One Of My Coworkers Pushed Me Out Of Spite During Work Hours And It Never Got Escalated Like This Situation. I Also Mentioned To Him That The Manager Knows That Some Of The Co Workers Don't Like Me. It's Already Been 2 Weeks And Still Haven't Herd Anything. I've Reached Out To The Manager And My Union Worker And They Said They Haven't Herd Anything. What Should I Do? It's Unfair That I Got Dragged In To This...
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I would immediately consult an employment law attorney and speak to the Union. It seems like they may be gearing up to terminate you.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.