LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

The job had been eliminated at my place of employment. I was

Customer Question

The job had been eliminated at my place of employment. I was offered a restructured job. I do not feel qualified to do one of the duties. I do not have a new job description at this point. Do I qualify for unemployment benefits?
Submitted: 10 months ago via EmployeeIssues.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Do you feel like your lack of qualification is putting your safety at risk? If not, why do you feel that quitting is a better option than trying to learn the new job duties? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I feel that employers is looking for me to quit job to avoid paying unemployment

Thank you, ***** *****'s not quite what I'm asking. What I am asking is do you feel that your physical safety is at risk because you don't know how to perform the new job duties? If that is not the issue, why do you feel that you must quit instead of learning how to perform the new job duties? In other words, why is quitting your only option here?

Are you still with me?