Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer.
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I quit my job because I was denied a promotion due to age

Customer Question

I quit my job because I was denied a promotion due to age discrimination. My employer denies that age discrimination as a factor. Will I be able to get EDD benefits?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

Normally EDD benefits are not given where an employee quits the job. However, if the employer would agree to you being let go and you instead were let go instead of quitting under these circumstances you could be qualified for EDD benefits.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for y time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.