Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I need to understand the formal process to invite an

Customer Question

I need to understand the formal process to invite an employee to a potential gross misconduct meeting.
I then need to understand the dismissal process for gross misconduct and any payments that may be due.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am not aware of any required formal process other than you need to give the employee the chance to explain. If it is unsatisfactory then you can terminate them. They are entitled to pay they havecearned up to that point. To be sure they do not apply for unemployment benefits it needs to be clear that you are terminating them for this gross misconduct. See this helpful resource. http://www.edd.ca.gov/UIBDG/Misconduct_MC_5.htm#DischargeforMisconductConnectedWithMostRecentWork

Good evening. We only get credit for answering your question if you accept and provide a rating. If you need further assistance, please let me know.