Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I got terminated by a company I was working no reason. And

Customer Question

I got terminated by a company I was working for absolutely no reason. And I'm owed money for sales made.
Racial slurs where used against me by another employee. When I brought it up to the owner of the company he fail to acknowledge it and process to fabricate reasons to terminate my employment.
How can I fight this and also get my money?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If you can prove that you were terminated because you complained about the use of racial slurs, you would have a claim for wrongful termination. Such claim would be pursued by filing a complaint with the EEOC. The EEOC will investigate and attempt to mediate a resolution with your employer. That not forthcoming, they will either file a lawsuit on your behalf or issue you a "right to sue" letter, which will enable you to sue in civil court with the assistance of an attorney. You can locate an attorney to assist you, should that need arise, here. You can file your EEOC complaint using the instructions contained here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Was there anything else I can assist you with?