Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer.
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

My job has been retaliating against me and I have been

Customer Question

my job has been retaliating against me and I have been getting emotional distress. Now I told them I'm considering resigning as the manager has not changed. NOw they want to offer me a severance package if I decide to resign.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

If you sign the severance package, I am fairly certain that they will make you sign a release of all claims. before signing the severance package it would be prudent to retain an employment attorney to negotiate the package or review the terms of the package. Otherwise, they could obtain a release of al liability of any potential retaliation claims for a very low amount. If you want to preserve you right to file a lawsuit for retaliation, I would seriously consider having someone review the terms of the severance agreement to make sure yo are not releasing those claims byway of signing the severance package.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.