Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer.
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I'm on UI benefits in the state of Texas and have been on

Customer Question

I'm on UI benefits in the state of Texas and have been on them since October. I was just offered a p/t position but there are a few factors that make want to turn the job down such as: no set hours per week, it's a 1099 contractors position, and yes it's $14 an hour but when u take away the taxes and the the mileage and depreciation of my car I feel that it would be more like less that $10 an hour. Do I have to take this job or can I turn it down and keep getting my benefits?
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you are not required to accept just any job that is offered as your benefits are not conditioned on accepting a job that is unacceptable.

If you reject the job your benefits should not be affected.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.