LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I've worked in my job yrs, and my 9 other employees in my

Customer Question

I've worked in my job for 15 yrs, and my 9 other employees in my Dept. Have equal time or more. We are CNC set ups. We recently brought new Cnc equipment. Our manger told us we part of the new equipment and were moved into the Dept, but we also had to run our old equip. Then he was fired and the supervisor told us we were in the Dept. Now we have a new manger who been their for about 3 months. They posted job positions in our area for the in house people could apply. We were never told by the supervisor or manger that we were suppose to apply for our jobs we already suppose to have. They told other depts. Now they say we missed out. They never communicate with us it's like they want to get rid of us. Manger said she would hire people with schooling before experience. What can we do?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you under any type of union contract? Or are you at will employees?
What is your specific question for us?
Are all of you impacted by this over 40 and are the people who applied younger than 40? In other words is there proof that age can be the sole reason for this (or race/sex/disability/national origin)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are at will employees.
Thank you for your additional information.
I also asked if this was being done based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?