How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 11704
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am employed by a staffing company and I received my check

Customer Question

I am employed by a staffing company and I received my check a week late. Am I entitled to compensation or reimbursement for late fees I received due to my check not being given to me on time?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If this late payment is part of a larger pattern or practice, it might be possible to sue your employer for penalties under a law known as the Private Attorney General's Act. You would need an attorney to bring such a claim as, procedurally, it is quite a complicated undertaking. However, if this is an isolated or uncommon occurrence, the Labor Code does not entitle you to recover any penalties, just interest on the amount owed, and that amount will be so small as to be inconsequential and not worth the effort to pursue, I'm sorry to say.

I hope that you find this information helpful.

Related California Employment Law Questions