Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I am employed by a staffing company and I received my check

Customer Question

I am employed by a staffing company and I received my check a week late. Am I entitled to compensation or reimbursement for late fees I received due to my check not being given to me on time?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If this late payment is part of a larger pattern or practice, it might be possible to sue your employer for penalties under a law known as the Private Attorney General's Act. You would need an attorney to bring such a claim as, procedurally, it is quite a complicated undertaking. However, if this is an isolated or uncommon occurrence, the Labor Code does not entitle you to recover any penalties, just interest on the amount owed, and that amount will be so small as to be inconsequential and not worth the effort to pursue, I'm sorry to say.

I hope that you find this information helpful.