LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I was demoted because I suffer from cluster headaches which

Customer Question

I was demoted because I suffer from cluster headaches which are seasonal and last about a month out of every year. I generally get one headache every 2 days and they last anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. If I got one while working I would just take my lunchbreak right then and when it was gone I would end my lunch. It never effected my job but I was demoted for having them. My boss used the excuse that their insurance company would not insure me.But I was insured for 3 weeks when I was promoted to the maintenance position for the company. When they demoted me I lost my pay raise and they stuck me as a cashier at a gas station I did not want to work at after he promised me he would get me back to the station I was at before the promotion. And they cut my hours down from full time to less than 24 hrs a week.
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The insurance was for driving the company can.
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

PLEASE STATE THE SPECIFIC LEGAL QUESTION YOU WOULD LIKE FOR US TO ANSWER SO THAT WE MAY BETTER ASSIST YOU. THANK YOU...