LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I would like to sue my previous employer

Customer Question

I would like to sue my previous employer for wrongful termination,harrassment,and defamation of charchter.the harassment of the case is my father in law he was hired as my supervisor before working there he had signed his rights to one of his daughters over to my wife and I he than attended alcohol drug treatment than he was hired on at frc as my supervisor.i was than harassed by him daily.the wrongful termination is I was let go at my performance review. I was a model employee no write ups never called in.i was prepared at my performance review I than was told that I was to get along with him I was than fired at will I was furious and signed some papers it might of said I would not sue but I was furious not in my right mind I recently have settled a labor dispute with them is was after my employement. the defamation of charchter is he told my supervisor which I have his testimony that the gary adkins owner and one who did my perforamance review told him I would not amount or go anywhere in the company I have already filed with the fhea or eeoc
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you filed with the EEOC and FHEA, what is your question for us at this point? Have they given you a right to sue letter?
Were you fired based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?
Or was this solely because of the known false statements made by your father in law?