LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I work for xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx. After I excelled in

Customer Question

I work for xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx. After I excelled in an interview for a Supervisor 2 position, the next process was going through an assessment. When the assessment coordinator called, I told her right up front that I am diabetic, I need 30 minutes meal break at 11:30. She said that the assessment center cannot accommodate a lunch break due to a cost factor because they are working with external consultants. She advised my assessment will be approximately 6 hours long with a 15 minutes break. I scheduled the assessment so that my 15 minutes break will be at 11:30.
Later, I received an invite for the assessment, it said there will be a half hour break and where to find food and beverage in the facility. It was the last, written communication. I thought the coordinator worked it out for me.
On the day of my assessment, May 9th 2014, the meal break was denied. The assessment coordinator said we talked about not having a meal break and she urged me to go on with the process “I really need you to get in the room now!” The external consultant was waiting for me for a session which to play out scenarios and was asked to play a role and video recorded. The video recording will show that I was rushed to the room.
After the assessment, I wrote to the manager that the process was not carried out as the last, written communication to me. The manager said that the invite was a standard email they usually send out.
I strongly believe that my employer broke the California Law, ADA, and the xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx company policy. I would like to find out what would be my options. Could you help me?
I have supporting documents.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 12 months ago.

This site does not offer legal representation. If you have specific questions, I can try to answer them for you.

Did you suffer any adverse consequences as a result of the requested accommodation being denied to you?

Did you suffer any damages?