LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I have a bunch of things going on at work and home causing

Customer Question

Customer: I have a bunch of things going on at work and home causing an enormous amount of stress, putting a strain on my status at work
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Been with the company officially since 2009 (temped since 2007) I've dealt with both my fiancee and mother's cancer treatments all year My job has been laying people off now for 3 years we were recently purchased by another company...my old position went away. I had to learn a completely new position as well as new system while going through all of this we were understaffed while dealing with 2 consequetive maternity leaves it left for a situation where I couldn't succeed as a result, they put me on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP, but sounds an awful like probation) for 90 days, at which point I'll be re-evaluated meanwhile, my mom just went through 5 mos of chemo finished and saw the radio-oncologist for her radiation treatments...during the exam, he feels something suspicious. Turns out to be another malignant lump I just got out of a PIP status meeting with my manager, her boss & HR where I had to hear the following (I sent this to my fiancee right after)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to California Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Of course they made a comment about my time….and even had some further question about my mother’s doctor’s scheduling….only to follow it up with “this process was not intended end with my exit from the company”. Yes at work...not going anywhere for about 3 hours
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear on what your legal question is. Part of the reason is the Site has interjected this canned questioning that I am sure kept you from completing your thoughts. That "JA" questioning is an autotron and does not come from an Live Expert, so for that, I apologize. The Experts do not work directly for the Site, so we have no control over these types of issues. But, in any event, if you can ask your question and also, if you could clarify the facts a bit as to what you believe the employer is doing that might be unlawful, that would help. Have you taken any FMLA to care for your mother?