Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My name is ***** ***** Henrichs. I currently have an open

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Henrichs. I currently have an open California unemployment benefits claim. I worked several weeks on a temporary job, and now I need to re-open the claim. The online EDD instructions say to log into your account and click the "Reopen Claim" button. I've logged into my account, but there's no "Reopen Claim" button.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I opened the claim on 10/18/2015.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to California Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Try calling their hot line at this number. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at: 1-***-***-****; except for on holidays. Let me know what they tell you ...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to do a little digging to figure out the EDD's procedure for re-opening an existing claim. It's still possible to do it online, but the procedure is to start out as if opening a new claim. At a certain point in the process it asks whether the applicant has filed an unemployment benefits claim within the last 12 months. The screens then change accordingly.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Not sure how else to help with this. I will opt out and let another expert give it a shot. Your deposit is still in tact and you need not do anything.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It appears your previous expert had to leave. Do you still require information, if so please let us know how we can assist and what information you would like. Thank you.