LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I made a Hugh mistake and dated my boss I've been with the

Customer Question

I made a Hugh mistake and dated my boss I've been with the company for 17 YRS and have made decent money that I've built my life comfortably around.
I am in the process of adopting my 2yr old grandson who has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
I broke up with my boss because he lied to me about something personal , that was about 4 yrs ago.
This is retaliation he's is cutting my pay by 65% .He promised that he would never cut my pay.
He has over 300 employees and is doing very well. He's not cutting anyone else's pay . He wants me to lose everything including my grandson. Is there anything I can do? Pls help me!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If he is retaliating against you as a result of the previous relationship and isolating you out, you could have a legal basis to sue and a claim against the company. Moreover, I am inclined to believe your company may have a policy in place about management dating lower level employees, so he could be in violation of the company rules and regulations. You certainly want to obtain and review the employee handbook, to see if it mentions anything about dating co-workers and needing to disclose. In addition, you should speak with an employment law attorney this week, who can look over ALL the facts and determine if there is a legal basis to sue, as a result of the treatment and conduct. Then, they can advise you if HR needs to be involved and if the company will take action and likely settle this and prevent the pay cut and remove him from supervising you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.