LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I'm not sure at this point. I'm an employer that terminated

Customer Question

I'm not sure at this point. I'm an employer that terminated an employee 45 days ago for numerous reasons (e.g. filing falsified time sheets, using vulgar and racial language in the workplace), but more importantly for stating he could relate to the on air reporter shooting, and if he was in that situation he would start with his subordinate employee (actually used her name to another subordinate). CA EDD only addressed one issue.."discharge claimant for allegedly threatening a coworker" of which they stated do not meet the misconduct connected with the work.
So, now I'm trying to understand the cited CUIC section 1256 so I can respond by deadline date of 11/30/2015. Any advice?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You only have to have ONE valid reason for terminating an employee and if one of several reasons that you might give turn out not to be valid as grounds as termination for cause, that does not eliminate the fact that the other reasons would be valid.

If EDD addressed only one issue then your appeal will be based on the fact that you had several reasons and that only one need be found to be valid to support termination for cause and to deny unemployment benefits.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug