Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer.
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

My company terminated me license suspended. I had worked

Customer Question

My company terminated me for driver license suspended . I had worked there for a year with them knowing my license was suspended. Can they disqualify me for
Unemployment insurance
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

They can try to disqualify you for unemployment by arguing you were terminated for cause. However, if you believe that you were terminated for other reasons that were not caused by you would be entitled to receive unemployment.

Ask the company if they will contest you receiving unemployment.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your time. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.