PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq,
16551887

In February of 2014, my manager created a disciplinary write

Customer Question

In February of 2014, my manager created a disciplinary write up, forced me to sign it, and told me he knew I wasn't happy with it but it was what his boss wanted him to do. The write up was a complete and total lie and it involved a minor boy. The write up described a sex act that the little boy allegedly was caught performing. The write up alleges that I was caught on a video discussing/describing the act with friends of the little boy. At the time all of this was unfolding I did not know who the little boy was. I learned the identity of the little boy through the write up! I was confronted by the little boy 20 minutes after signing the write up. He walked up to me and introduced himself and asked me if he could ask me a question. I ignored this little boy and walked away. My manager had been badgering me and threatening me with a write up for about three years and was never able to write up anything because I had not done anything to warrant a write up. I feel that he has broken some law with this fake write up. After forcing me to sign it - he refused to give me a copy! I have no idea at present whether or not he submitted to the branch office. My manager forced me to write a statement about an incident that occurred the week of Thanksgiving 2013 in which I did encounter a couple (two males) engaged in a lewd sex act. My manager attached the details of this incident to a complaint that he alleges the little boy filed against me. Prior to the little boy filing this complaint, the little boy did not know my identity or my name. He only knew that I was African American and that I wore gold frame glasses. The little boy tried desperately for a few days to collect information about me in order to file his complaint but no one gave the little boy any information. Once he talked to my manager he was given my name and allowed or coerced into filing a complaint against someone he didn't even know! What should I do!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.

You need to utilize the grievance process at your work to file complaint against the Supervisor with your Human Resources Department. You need to request a copy of this write-up. If the Human Resources Department does not resolve the issue to your satisfaction, you can appeal it to the hire level in your organization or file discrimination case against your company and manager if you are being targeted because of your race, if your company has 15 or more employees. You can either file with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or with California Department of Fair Employment and Housing:

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm

http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/Complaints_ComplaintProcess.htm