Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I am an employer. My now former employee is trying to

Customer Question

I am an employer . My now former employee is trying to collect unemployment. He works for me for a total of about 4 months however the first month was off the books because we were not sure if we would keep him. Now that the partment of labor sent me a simple wage information and separations form to fill out to handle his unemployment claim. How should I handle this? And what do I say if dept of labor questions me about the initial month of not having him on the books?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Did you receive a Form DE 1545? What form did you receive with "questions" from the EDD?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.