LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

Is it considered "Insubordination" if you are asked by your

Customer Question

Is it considered "Insubordination" if you are asked by your manager why the department is running poorly and you tell her that you feel she is in the wrong position and thats why all the employees are looking for new jobs.
Also-she threatened my job by saying the aforementioned was "reason for termination"
I have been at the same job 24 years never had this kind of problem-she is stating that I attacked her and yelled-went to HR but its my work against hers.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed CA attorney for 30 plus years and have handled employment law for most of that time.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you have a written contract of employment which guarantees your position for a certain period of time?

2. Are there any company policies that require a termination be for good cause?

3. Do you have any reason to believe that you were discriminated against based on your race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, registered domestic partner status, marital status, age, national origin, or ancestry, or other personal characteristic protected by law?

Thanks in advance,

Doug