Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

If you were injured on the job and received a 25% disability

Customer Question

If you were injured on the job and received a 25% disability of which your shot term and Long term memory were effected. Can your job or supervisor. Use that against you?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I want to make sure you receive excellent service today. First, let me say that I am terribly sorry to hear that you are in this situation. It is a shame when an employer makes a decision without legitimacy, especially when that decision is quite frankly wrong. As for your question, there are a couple of different parts. First, its is unlawful for your employer (or supervisor) to discriminate against you or retaliate against you due to your disability, or for your claiming a workers compensation injury. If you believe this is the case, then you should contact an attorney in your area immediately. If you decide to hire an attorney a great resource is www.Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys willing to take your case prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with.

That being said, your job can still require that you perform the essential job function of your position with accommodation. What this means is that they can require you to do the job you were hired for, but they must first allow you the opportunity to come up with an accommodation that can help you complete the task. Some examples of this could include writing down tasks, having tasks emailed to you, or being able to tape record conversations.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please do not forget to provide my service with a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

I wanted to write to check up to see if you had any additional questions or concerns concerning your question. If you do have additional questions or need additional clarification please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember that I do not know what you may already know or with that you need help with unless you tell me. If you have not provided a positive rating because you would like a different expert to answer your question, please ask and I will opt out of the question so that another expert may answer. If, however, you found the information helpful to you, please do not forget to provide me with a positive rating by clicking on one of the happy faces, or I will not receive any credit for my time in trying to assist you. Please keep in mind that even after a rating has been issued you can continue to ask questions related to the original post and I will be happy to answer them. If for some reason the rating feature is not working or you cannot find it, please write me back and let me know. Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law as it applies to your case. Have a wonderful rest of your day.