LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

My employer still owes me my commission check from July, was

Customer Question

My employer still owes me my commission check from July, was wondering what recourse I have.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

In Missouri, there is no government agency that can assist you with a wage claim. The state leave it to you to sue to enforce your wage rights, unfortunately.

So, if the amount owed you from your commission is less than $5,000, you will need to file a small claims lawsuit against your employer. You will want to sue for Breach of Contract

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug