Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

When red how does the employer give the employee to decide

Customer Question

when hired how long does the employer give the employee to decide to keep them before deciding to not want them working for them does the employee have rights to make their decision before letting them go I just don't think I was treated right
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.
Unfortunately, employment in the state of CA is "at will" absent an agreement to the contrary. This means that the employment relationship can be terminated by employer or employer at any time for virtually any reason. It doesn't matter whether the basis is fair or how long the employee has been working there, where it is ten years or ten days. Thus, the facts you have described would not give rise to anywhere claims, even though it is clear that you were not treated right.
I am very sorry but I hope this answers your question so that you can move forward. If I can clarify anything just let me know.