LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

In California - is a salaried employee required to show meal

Customer Question

In California - is a salaried employee required to show meal breaks on time clock? Also - are employees in general required to show their 10 minute breaks on the time clock?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. When you say salaried employee, do you mean "salary exempt employee"? That is an employee who is not entitled to overtime wages if they work overtime hours under CA law.
Doug