LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I believe I have a wrongful termination, and potential

Customer Question

I believe I have a wrongful termination, and potential harassment/discrimination situation. I have been an exempt employee without an employment agreement. The causes of action that were stated in writing have no basis. A major concern/priority for me is to ensure that I am paid commissions that I have earned and if I have any legal rights to compensation for overtime hours that I have accumulated.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear that you were let go. Did you have a specific question about your situation that you would like answered?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is my phone call please? there has been no confirmation. I am an exempt salaried employee who earns commissions and have also worked many overtime hours.

My apologies but I cannot engage in phone calls with customers. I am more than happy to help you here, though, I just need to know what your question(s) is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Confused here Patrick. Your live phone call option stated above is not available? I need to know about ensuring my entitlement to commissions that I have earned at my job; I need to know if the unfounded reasons for termination and other factors during my employment is a basis for wrongful termination. i.e., discharged for unauthorized vacation time - we do not have a vacation policy and my vacation time has documented notification and/or calendared.
I am sorry if a phone call option was made available to you but that is not something that I am capable of offering. This is a question and answer site designed to provide consumers with answers to general legal commissions (i.e. "When does a commission vest under CA law?") This is not a place for fact intensive legal advice, and it would be inappropriate to provide such advice here as this is a public forum and any advice you received would be discoverable by your employer and other third parties.
I will opt out of this question to see if perhaps someone else is able to assist you, but quite honestly I think you would be better served sitting down with a local attorney in a confidential setting to sort out all of these issues.
I wish you luck in resolving this matter.
Meant to say "legal questions," not "legal commissions." *