Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can my disabled friend who has been employed as a caretaker

Customer Question

Can my disabled friend who has been employed as a caretaker be told she has to leave in 14 days?
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lives there taking care of this persons mother and they only gave her 14 days to get out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other girls that work there don't like her. She is disabled herself and doesn't have the money or place to live in this short amount of time
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Unfortunately, if she does not have a separate rental agreement, she is just an employee and she can be told to leave with little or no notice. She is not a Tenant and is thus entitled to Tenant’s rights. If she refuses to move out, she would be treated as a trespasser and Police may be called to remove her from the premises.