LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

When I was 18 I was convicted of a misdemeanor and I think

Customer Question

When I was 18 I was convicted of a misdemeanor and I think it was expunged! I don't really want to put it down on my application for my intern application! Im confused as to whether or not I have to disclose!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
If you had the conviction expunged, then there is no legal obligation to disclose the conviction on your application. However, if it was not expunged and you fail to disclose it---it it appears in a criminal background check, then you could lose the internship.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still not finished! I need to speak to someone and have them look up my record and help me figure out the codes!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all the codes on he application and depending on whether or not my record had these codes determines whether or not I have to disclose
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already been charged without getting to the bottom of it
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
As we have no access to your criminal record---the FBI maintains your record----I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.
Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.
I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have called criminal lawyers and they were able to pull my record and look up the codes! I know that it is possibe!